Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Google Gaining Power

Google has been around for quite some time now so it is no surprise how well it has continued to develop and grow as a database. It’s capabilities range from searching anything you can think of, Google+ social media, Google Docs and various other personalization capabilities.

So the question is, does Google have too much power over our lives?

To me, I believe that it does not. Google gains power based on how much you give it. No one says that you HAVE to use Google, there are plenty of ways of getting around without using Google. Therefore, I believe Google gains power by choice.

I use Google almost on a daily basis. Most commonly for searching, I mainly use Google to check spelling, look up definitions, search for how-to videos and sometimes to look up restaurant and store locations. But that is about it.

Although I use it almost everyday I don’t feel like it has much power over me. If I go a few days without using Google I hardly notice any lack of functionality in my life.

In this case I don’t think Googlization has any control over my life.

Overindulgence in anything isn’t always good and the same goes for Google. If you choose to give as much power as you can, then I’m sure you will someday find yourself needing some time away from Google. If you feel like Google is veering too far into your life then there isn’t much to blame other than yourself.


Personally, I believe there is a limit and self-control that can be used to avoid Google from taking over our lives and the amount of power we want to give it all generates from our choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment